Friday, July 1, 2011

read me a book please

“There are eight million stories in the naked city. This has been one of them.” (Mark Hellinger)

Amongst avid readers exists a group of people who have made it their business to defy the natural way of the world. To the naked eye, they seem to blend in with the psychedelic swirls of people who parade the sidewalks and debate which toothbrush to purchase. But they navigate on a completely different plane. They are the bane of every novelist and mystery writer. Their name speaks for itself.
The Flip Ahead to Read the End Right After Scanning the Front Flappers.
People’s lives divide themselves into chapters. Each life is a complex puzzle to be rearranged every time a shrink attempts to connect the end pieces.
Chapter 1: I wish everyone would shut up. I must be a different species or a mutant born with a complete disadvantage. I’m smaller, weaker, and they treat me like I’m stupid.
Chapter 7: Ms. Wilson thinks we’re all brats. She thinks she has us all fooled, but it’s so obvious that she gets totally grossed out by runny noses and muddy socks. I like the mud. It feels good when I squeeze it through my fingers.
Chapter 100: Currently unavailable due to a huge glitch in the program.
Is it a glitch though?
Life on fast forward would cause all sorts of complicated issues- both personal and political. It’s one of those things you think you wish you had. With this in mind I forward my request: ‘Flappers. Repent.’

0 remarks:

Post a Comment